I modeled a Japanese village in Maya in the style of the Edo period.
Here are some sketches of the design of a few of the buildings and an overhead view of the layout of the village. Here is a screenshot of this work in progress as of 12 October 2014 (you can click to see it larger):
Here are some rough drawings I did of a few of the things to build. There will be others too like the wall that goes around the city and the gates. A full rough plan is provided at the bottom.
SOURCES OF INSPIRATION:
- “Japanese Architecture: A Short History” – by A.L. Sadler
- “Edo Architecture: Katsura and Nikko” by Naomi Okawa
- “The Japanese House: Architecture and interiors” by Noboru Murata & Alexandra Black
- “Discover the Game with Alias” by Maya Press
- “The Japanese House: A Tradition for Contemporary Architecture” by Heinrich Engel [book on Amazon]
- Daiku Dojo: http://www.daikudojo.org
- “Japanese Garden Hoofddorp Design”: http://www.myorientalgarden.com/media/projects/hoofddorp-design/index.html
- Hosoi Mura sim on Kitely, which is done in the period of Edo for Honshu, Japan: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Amiryu-Hosoi/Hosoi-Mura-Edo-Honshu-Japan